Alloy flathead block.

To: "land-speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alloy flathead block.
From: "Chris R Harris" <yesford@clear.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 11:42:31 +1300
The thought has nagged in the back of my mind for yonks and I haven't even
owed a 'sidie' since my wife and I started going out 26 years ago in my 46
sedan. (generally known in NZ as a Ford 'house').
The list just flirted real close talking about Ardun Dougs lost cylinders
in one breath and the ease of replacing liners and welding damage in an
alloy 'hemi' Mopar the next.

What is needed is an aftermarket replica aluminum Ford/Merc side-valve
block !

The aftermarket is still developing new gear for the beloved 'whacker' like
Kong and Baron heads Scat and Crower forged cranks etc and everyone knows
you realistically couldn't find a crack free block by the mid 50's let
alone one with little core shift or little rusting at the bottom of the
bores in the jacket.

I discussed the idea with a buddy with a view to a partnership in the
project but while interested was busy with other projects. Don't know if
I've got the balls to make the financial commitment myself. The new
millennium dawns guys, the sidevalve Ford deserves to be there, "we have
the technology".

Opinions please.

Chris Harris  C/GR  #397  New Zealand.