Re: Alloy flathead block.

To: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Alloy flathead block.
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 01:26:27 EDT
In a message dated 10/27/1999 10:20:57 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
ARDUNDOUG@aol.com writes:

<<  Have heard for years that the guy who built the Redhead put a flathead
 cylinder block on a DeSoto crank case to achieve a 5 main bearing flat
motor.
 Elmo should know about this if He is feeling better. Doug do you know
 anything about this? Rich Fox >>

Rich,
    The RedHead was originally built here in the Bay Area. Romeo
Palimedes(sp?) built the chassis and Gordon Van's aluminum bending Berkeley
shop did the body. I believe it was built for Hammond, Mc Grath & Whipp from
the Shasta Roadsters in Redding, CA.
    It eventually went to Ed Harding of Harding Machine Works in SoCal, and
Lattin bought it from Harding. At least that's the way I recall the
history......
                                                                Ardun Doug
King