RE: Ardun History

To: "'ARDUNDOUG@aol.com'" <ARDUNDOUG@aol.com>, dahlgren@uconect.net,
Subject: RE: Ardun History
From: "Ferguson, Darrell" <dfergus@bactc.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 11:52:43 -0700
I'm a pretty young guy, and flatheads for the most part were disappearing
from the scene around the time  I was born. But the story that I've heard
was that Zora Duntov developed the heads as a bolt on conversion to increase
the flatheads power output. It seems that in New York City, the dump trucks
used to haul trash were severly underpowered when fully laden. In order to
improve the HP output for the trucks, without replacing the engines, Duntov
worked with Ford to develop these heads. The name ARDUN, as I've been told,
comes from Zora's name, zora ARgus DUNtov. Correct me if I'm wrong Doug,
cause you're obviously the Ardun authority in here.

      regards

        Darrell Ferguson
        BLACK RADON ENGINEERING
        # 939 BBFALT