fot

Re: [Fot] Kastner Cup.

To: yellow04 <yellow04@tr4racer.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Kastner Cup.
From: Jason Sukey via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2023 12:15:13 -0400
Cc: fot@autox.team.net

--000000000000c2003806016627de

A vote for the "club" type events!

Although the spectator experience at the big time events can't be beat,
being a driver at a big festival event doesn't do anything for me.  For my
vintage racing approach, I prefer the low key events.

Keep it simple, keep it fun, keep it accessible.

Jason Sukey

On Wed, Jul 26, 2023 at 11:59=E2=80=AFAM yellow04 via Fot <fot@autox.team.n=
et>
wrote:

> This seems like a good time to get a feel for the kind of event we
> racers want to run our future Kastner Cups with. The two main options
> are the smaller club events, or the big festival events.
>
> Having competed at several Kastner Cup events, I can say there are many
> aspects of the weekend that are the same regardless of the type of
> event. We get to meet and mingle with new racers and old friends, check
> out cars we don't typically run with, and get some insight on how our
> cars run against other Triumphs. All the great stuff that makes up the
> fun. However, the differences I see between the two types of events are
> as follows:
>
> Festival Events
>
> Typically higher entrance fees.
> Less track time because the sanctioning body loads the schedule with a
> wide variety of race groups. With more cars, the higher the possibility
> of incidents, shortening sessions.
> Organizers have less negotiating power as there is little flexibility
> with the packed schedule.
> Possibly more exposure to the Marque and vintage racing in general from
> a wide variety of media.
>
> ~
>
> Club Events
>
> Typically lower entrance fees.
> More track time, more flexibility in negotiating perks like our own run
> group, a second All Triumph (Reunion) Race, etc. Club events don't
> usually have run groups of 5 year old former NASCAR racers being piloted
> by guys with big checkbooks and limited experience.
> Limited media exposure compared to a major festival event, but good
> exposure from the normal sources.
>
> ~
>
> I'll start. I'm all about driving the car. To me, track time is the
> biggest draw for an event. I also look at the value, the anticipated
> track miles raced vs the entry fees. Racing in front of 10,000 people is
> all fine and good, but not a draw for me at all. Many of my racer
> friends share this general opinion with me, but we can't ignore the
> success of the 2023 event where we had strong numbers in general, and
> very strong numbers for racers with very long tows.
>
> Can we get an idea of what type of events active racers would prefer
> future Kastner Cup events to be held? Festival events or Club events?
>
> While we are at it, is there any track somebody has a hankering to run
> at? That would be helpful information as well!
>
> Cheers
>
> Henry Frye
>

> On 2023-07-26 09:21, Ronnie Babbitt via Fot wrote:
> > I suppose it wouldn=E2=80=99t have to be. However the Mitty is attended=
 very
> > well. The track has had many improvements since the KCup was last ran
> > at Road Atlanta.
> >
> > Ronnie
> >
> >> On Jul 25, 2023, at 11:21 PM, chasgee22@gmail.com wrote:
> >>
> >> =EF=BB=BFWould it have to be at the Mitty?
> >>
> >> Chuck

 Atlanta

--000000000000c2003806016627de

iv><br><div>Although the spectator=C2=A0experience at the big time events c=
an&#39;t be beat, being a driver at a big festival event=C2=A0doesn&#39;t d=
o anything=C2=A0for me.=C2=A0 For my vintage racing approach, I prefer the =
ail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Wed, Jul 26, 2023 at 11=
:59=E2=80=AFAM yellow04 via Fot &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net";>f=
 style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);p=
adding-left:1ex">This seems like a good time to get a feel for the kind of =
event we <br>
racers want to run our future Kastner Cups with. The two main options <br>
are the smaller club events, or the big festival events.<br>
Having competed at several Kastner Cup events, I can say there are many <br=

aspects of the weekend that are the same regardless of the type of <br>
event. We get to meet and mingle with new racers and old friends, check <br=

out cars we don&#39;t typically run with, and get some insight on how our <=
br>
cars run against other Triumphs. All the great stuff that makes up the <br>
fun. However, the differences I see between the two types of events are <br=

as follows:<br>
Festival Events<br>
Typically higher entrance fees.<br>
Less track time because the sanctioning body loads the schedule with a <br>
wide variety of race groups. With more cars, the higher the possibility <br=

of incidents, shortening sessions.<br>
Organizers have less negotiating power as there is little flexibility <br>
with the packed schedule.<br>
Possibly more exposure to the Marque and vintage racing in general from <br=

a wide variety of media.<br>
~<br>
Club Events<br>
Typically lower entrance fees.<br>
More track time, more flexibility in negotiating perks like our own run <br=

group, a second All Triumph (Reunion) Race, etc. Club events don&#39;t <br>
usually have run groups of 5 year old former NASCAR racers being piloted <b=
r>
by guys with big checkbooks and limited experience.<br>
Limited media exposure compared to a major festival event, but good <br>
exposure from the normal sources.<br>
~<br>
I&#39;ll start. I&#39;m all about driving the car. To me, track time is the=
biggest draw for an event. I also look at the value, the anticipated <br>
track miles raced vs the entry fees. Racing in front of 10,000 people is <b=
r>
all fine and good, but not a draw for me at all. Many of my racer <br>
friends share this general opinion with me, but we can&#39;t ignore the <br=

success of the 2023 event where we had strong numbers in general, and <br>
very strong numbers for racers with very long tows.<br>
Can we get an idea of what type of events active racers would prefer <br>
future Kastner Cup events to be held? Festival events or Club events?<br>
While we are at it, is there any track somebody has a hankering to run <br>
at? That would be helpful information as well!<br>
Cheers<br>
Henry Frye<br>
On 2023-07-26 09:21, Ronnie Babbitt via Fot wrote:<br>
&gt; I suppose it wouldn=E2=80=99t have to be. However the Mitty is attende=
d very<br>
&gt; well. The track has had many improvements since the KCup was last ran<=
br>
&gt; at Road Atlanta.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Ronnie<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; On Jul 25, 2023, at 11:21 PM, <a href=3D"mailto:chasgee22@gmail.co=
m" target=3D"_blank">chasgee22@gmail.com</a> wrote:<br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; =EF=BB=BFWould it have to be at the Mitty?<br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; Chuck<br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; On Jul 25, 2023, at 9:26 PM, Ronnie Babbitt via Fot <br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank">fo=
t@autox.team.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; =EF=BB=BFIs there any consideration to bringing the KCUP back =
to Road Atlanta <br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; During the Mitty.<br>
/a><br>
http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" targe=
t=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a> <a href=3D"http://www.team.n=
et/pipermail/fotUnsubscribe/Manage" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">ht=
tp://www.team.net/pipermail/fot<br>
t/jsukey@gmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.=
net/mailman/options/fot/jsukey@gmail.com</a><br>

--000000000000c2003806016627de--