fot

[Fot] A cam for Rick

To: fmccjr@aol.com
Subject: [Fot] A cam for Rick
From: yellow04 via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2023 06:57:02 -0500
Cc: fot@autox.team.net
Rick,

Needing to beat the guys at the pointy end of the pack is what racing is
all about, right?

If your engine has the billet bottom end you describe, you can safely
run pretty much any cam you desire. Plenty of options out there, from
mild to wild. You are going to get a bunch of opinions out of this
thread!

First data point for you, the majority of the front running 4 cylinder
TR's in the east run the old Gillanders #24. It's a beast, makes power
up to and beyond 7 grand. You let the revs drop below 4 grand and it is
game over for that lap! I can tell you multiple Kastner Cup winners had
that cam in their car when they took home the Cup.

Henry