RE: Cop stories

To: <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Cop stories
From: "Richard Hugi" <Richard@tntarch.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 08:34:40 -0800
That is such a good idea, one of my other cars is a vintage trans-am racing
replica track car it's a 67 cougar tubed, boss 351 Cleveland over $50,000
invested totally built from ground up, it will drain every ounce of blood
from your upper extremities when you hit 2nd gear, anyway, because of the
way it looks/sounds, cops here in Santa Cruz stereotype my car and pull me
over on a regular basis.  When I drive by a cop, they will turn around and
jump on my tail and look for any excuse to harass me.  I had one Highway
patrol kick my passenger door shut, leaving a dent. I have gotton tickets
for "estimated speed" (meaning he really wanted to give me a ticket and
didn't really clock me), "opening up my four barrels" and any other stupid
things they could conger up.  I've dreamed of a device such as that for
years and would be first in line to buy one.

Richard

 Tom and the group.  After reading all of the 'cop' stories, I feel
the need to chime in.  Before my present life I was a Deputy Sheriff
for 14 years here in Arizona.  Yup, I heard all kinds of stories about
why people were speeding and doing stupid things.  However, what
people rarely heard was the stupid things cops did.

You guys have all seen shows like COPS, 'Chase Shows' etc.  I know
they are thrilling to watch but when I see these shows I view them
with a critical light.  The number of violations of the rights of
citizens I observe are tremendous.  I can not believe these are aired.

Police cars are now routinely equipped with cameras and voice
recorders to 'protect' the police.  I think it is time to turn the
tables and start equipping our cars with cameras and recorders.  I
have been toying with the idea of a self contained data recorder which
would have a camera input or may two (one to the front and one to the
read) with an integral GPS, etc.  Call it COPWATCH or something like
that.

If something stupid happens, or, a COP is a nasty turd, then YOU have
the evidence.  However, one caveat, it would have to have an instant
kill button to erase the data so the unit couldn't be seized and used
as evidence.

Anyway, thoughts?  Wasting my time?

Ken McLeod, CEO
CSG Wireless Inc.
68 2000 SRL311-01179 (frame up underway)