Re: Cop stories

To: Datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Cop stories
From: SPYDER62@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 00:19:56 EST
Well, mines not in a Roadster but in my 69  340 Cuda. Coming home from a
hillclimb in Binghamton, NY 90 miles from work and an hour to get there, I
passed
a car as I hit third at around 100. Then I saw light come on a side road so
did the hand brake and down shift thing, Took the Cop over a mile to get behind
me and when he came up to the window he asked how fast i was going back there,
I then knew he did not have a clock on me so said 65 (In a 55) but was not
sure as Speedo was broken and dash lights did not work.  When he look in to see
the dash lights saw my tach and said I should know from that (smart guy) then
I told him it was not wired in as it caused a high speed miss and I just ran a
Hillclimb (still had the numbers on doors). Got off with a fix it ticket and
told to slow down.
 Still made it to work on time GGGGG.
 One of many in that car.
rich