RE: Cop stories

To: "'Tom @ Datsun2000'" <tom@datsun2000.com>,
Subject: RE: Cop stories
From: "Ken" <kenneth@iversonet.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 08:48:13 -0700
 Tom and the group.  After reading all of the 'cop' stories, I feel
the need to chime in.  Before my present life I was a Deputy Sheriff
for 14 years here in Arizona.  Yup, I heard all kinds of stories about
why people were speeding and doing stupid things.  However, what
people rarely heard was the stupid things cops did.

You guys have all seen shows like COPS, 'Chase Shows' etc.  I know
they are thrilling to watch but when I see these shows I view them
with a critical light.  The number of violations of the rights of
citizens I observe are tremendous.  I can not believe these are aired.

Police cars are now routinely equipped with cameras and voice
recorders to 'protect' the police.  I think it is time to turn the
tables and start equipping our cars with cameras and recorders.  I
have been toying with the idea of a self contained data recorder which
would have a camera input or may two (one to the front and one to the
read) with an integral GPS, etc.  Call it COPWATCH or something like
that.

If something stupid happens, or, a COP is a nasty turd, then YOU have
the evidence.  However, one caveat, it would have to have an instant
kill button to erase the data so the unit couldn't be seized and used
as evidence.

Anyway, thoughts?  Wasting my time?

Ken McLeod, CEO
CSG Wireless Inc.
68 2000 SRL311-01179 (frame up underway)