Re: Long Block Build Up

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Long Block Build Up
From: Jerry Krakauer <jsk977@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 16:08:12 -0400
I'm a bit confused by all the recommendations to leave carbs and manifolds
off.  It's been a long time, but way in the past I use to remove and install
engine/trans many times, often by myself.

The only thing I had to remove were the velocity stacks on the rear Solex to
clear the master cylinders. Also have headers which are smaller than the
stock exhaust manifold and make it easier. As a mater of fact, if I remember
correctly, when I first installed the headers with the engine in the car, I
had to cut the oem manifold in half just above the flange in order to get it
out.

The other tip I can think of for older roadsters is that I switched from the
older style trans mount where you had to exactly line up the holes to fit
the bolts from the bottom, to  the later style where the studs are  on the
mount and you just have to thread the nuts onto the studs poking through.

Jerry Krakauer
SRL31100099