RE: Long Block Build Up

To: "'Keith0alan@aol.com'" <Keith0alan@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: Long Block Build Up
From: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.B.Hall@nasa.gov>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 12:34:30 -0500
Ok, I will put my .01 cent in on this.

I have R&R'ed too many Roadster motors then I would want to count. I always
installed everything in the motor before installation in the Roadster.  With
a known car (like my own) I would be ready to fire the puppy up in less then
an hour.  Drop the motor in and let the tail housing on the trany just
barely sit on the X-member the tilt the motor slightly and it will fall
right in. Also helps to remove the radiator by the cross mounts to the body
and let the wiring sag down - this gives you a lot more room up front and a
more straight shot going in.  This way you can remove the radiator with
shroud/fan in place - don't even have to take the belts off. It is a huge
time saver to install the manifolds/alt/fan/belts on the motor while it is
on the engine stand and the less bending over the fender saves the back and
paint.  If you really want to install the manifolds on the motor in the car,
then use a 1/4" drive with a long "wobbly" extension to get to that bear of
a nut at button center.  I enjoy removing/replacing Roadster motors - sooo
much easier then other cars.

Good luck and have a great day!!

Phil
SEROC