Do I need one?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Do I need one?
From: TCR2B@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 22:25:21 EST
Hey listers,

I thought I might snag a reply from some of you left coasters out there..
Am heading up to Craig Halstead's roadster plantantion (that's what we call a
ranch in VA) tomorrow for some parts.

I noticed the other day that my '66 1600 does not have that ceramic ballast
resistor mounted to the coil.  Does this make any difference or not?  PO had
installed an electric fuel pump & wired one of the leads to the coil terminal
(where the resistor used to be).

So, my question is...do I need one?   Still having difficulty tracking down
my "no horn" problem, but that's for another post.

TIA,

Mike in VA