Front Suspension Neg Camber and Adjustment

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Front Suspension Neg Camber and Adjustment
From: "Jim Cawrse" <nqrithjim@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 01:01:35 +0000
For all:
I was over at the local Firestone store
where a friend of mine works, and he was
looking at the roadster on the front end machine.
He added a few small shims to one side of the front,
we were trying to get up to 1 deg neg camber or so,
like it says in the comp manual.

Well, adding shims seems to reduce neg camber.
Now, looking at it, it looks like the opposite
should be true.  We left the car alone, pending
what the list says.  Maybe I am suffering from
a middle age brain fart here.......help!

Anyway, I am looking for a good streetable setting,
and also good for autocross, what are folks useing
out there fore camber, castor, and toe?

I realize the comp manual settings are for old time
bias tires, and there may be better settings out there.
I have Falken Azinas, Lowered front end, comp bar,
and half or so of the bump stops whacked off.

TIA!
Jim
Chesapeake, Va