Re: Brand New Prob, After 35 Years

To: snyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Subject: Re: Brand New Prob, After 35 Years
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 19:52:53 -0600 (CST)
Marc,

Try shorting the two wires on the brake switch together. The stop lights
should come on. If they do, the switch is bad. If it doesn't, check that
the switch is getting voltage. If it is, the turn signal switch or the
wire from the brake switch to the turn signal switch is pronbably bad. (I
think the brake light circuit is through the turn signal switch, but I
can't find the brake light switch on the on line wiring diagrams and I
need to run to dinner). I will look into  this further and let you know if
I am wrong.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor/Future planner, CS Dept,
University of Texas, 1 University Station C0500,Austin, Tx. 78712-1188 USA