Re: 311s Run Pics! Oil Pan Destruction! Cool Video clips!

To: "alvin gogineni" <alvingogi@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: 311s Run Pics! Oil Pan Destruction! Cool Video clips!
From: "Mark Sedlack" <msedlack@neo.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 09:59:16 -0400
Alvin,
Before you drop the pan, see if you can tell how much clearance you have on
the inside, by looking/measuring through the hole, to make sure you have
room for a patch without hitting the crank or rods.  Then drop the pan and
take it to a certified welder - have them TIG weld in a flat plate patch on
the inside, and then flip it over and tig the outside. Won't be pretty, but
will be serviceable. Oh, and as datsunmike said, run a skid plate with an
aluminum pan.
Mark Sedlack
OROC
Cuyahoga Falls OH