Re: Adjusting carbs question

To: "audela2" <audela2@cox.net>,
Subject: Re: Adjusting carbs question
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 23:12:24 -0400
Start from scratch and tighten both mixture nuts all the way closed
(counter-clockwise) and then back each out 1.5 turns to start out with.

Give the car a tuneup and check the timing to get it right.

Then make sure there's oil in the carbs - I use straight  20 wt. but others
may use something else. Then balance the carbs.

Burning too rich or too lean will cause overheating as well as a lot of
other things too. Dieseling can be caused by a variety of problems including
carbon build up and sharp edges in the combustion chamber.

Mike