Re: Adjusting carbs question

To: datsunmike@nyc.rr.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Adjusting carbs question
From: WisslerJon@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 09:51:06 EDT
I gotta ask another stupid question Mike.  When you say "tighten both mixture
nuts all the way closed
(counter-clockwise)", isn't that the oppposite of a normal threaded screw?  I
thought that tightening "clockwise", which I THOUGHT took the adjustment knob
up towards the carb body, was closing them up.  I tried what you suggested on
my SU's, but in a clockwise direction, and it seemed like I didn't have all
that many full turns back out
(counter-clockwise) to play with.  Then again, I may not have had enough
coffee this morning.  It's really a pain in the butt being carb illiterate
like I am.  Thanks for any advice.

69 2000
69 510 Wagon
NOWROC