Trailer Queen

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, Playa4el@aol.com
Subject: Trailer Queen
From: Geegc@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 23:14:48 EDT
See my new trailer queen!

http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?m=79915954403&n=1935109356

I found this 66 from a list referral a few months ago, and thought it was a
good idea to get a parts car if available at the right price to keep my 66
running.  I saw it two weeks ago, and it was rough, but the price wasn't too
bad and I had room in the garage.  So what the hey.

When I went down to San Diego today to pick it up, just for the hell of it we
poured some gas into the tank, put two batteries in parallel, and were amazed
when it started.  It even idles and the tranny feels pretty good.  (It had
been sitting for a year with a dead battery.)  We drove it right onto the
trailer, and I thought the old owner was going to change her mind.  She says
she comes from a long line of San Diego Roadster owners.  So now I have to
decide what I'll do with another roadster (this is number 3).  I may do
something weird, and I guarantee it won't be red or black.  I am leaning
toward corvette yellow with black gauges, and yellow and black seats.  If I
try to get it running again, be prepared for a lot of small parts requests.

One question for the list, the driver's door sags pretty badly, and the stop
is gone.  I will do some more investigation and see how badly it is rotted
out before I get serious.  I wonder what is the best way to fix a sagging
door.

Meanwhile I have to explain this one to Nancy.

Gary C
1966 1600
1968 solex
1966 trailer queen