Re: oil pan / blocks question x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: ay107@lafn.org, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: oil pan / blocks question x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 08:57:01 -0500
Linda,

The beer tab looking things are brackets to hold the overflow tubes.  They
are missing on 90% of the 1500s/1600s out there.  They hold a rubber grommet
and the tube sticks down through them.  It helps keep them from breaking and
provides a safe route for that excess fuel that the carb pukes up.

I have used a THIN layer of RTV on leaky pan gaskets (ones that have been
warped) or Permatex #2 (sticky brown stuff) for ones that are not warped.

Sid