Re: Holley 4bbls on a roadster?

To: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: Holley 4bbls on a roadster?
From: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 09:30:59 -0600
datsunmike wrote

>Because of the accelerator pump the Holley would be an advantage in cold
>startups as compared to SUs. It was because of the horrible problems I had
>with getting my Z to startup in the winter that I bought a Holley setup. The
>starting problem was on all 3 of the Zs I owned and generally started when
>it was 40 or colder o/s. What is so weird is that my Roadster will start up
>almost immediately in the cold with SUs. Oh well.
>
>Mike
I had an Allison ignition on my 1600 and it started up pretty nicely on
cold mornings.  The little wheel that goes in the Dist flew apart and now
I'm on points and condenser.  It is once again a bear to start in the
cold (below about 45deg).  That's why I was asking about the Ignitor
earlier.  That and not especially wanting to deal with dwell, etc.
Interesting about the single carb idling so well.

-Marc