Re: Center Cap Logos and wheel color

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Center Cap Logos and wheel color
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 18:02:09 -0600
>Andrew Murphy:

> I recently purchased some American Racing Libre rims for my 67.5 2000. I am
> still waiting for them to arrive and the P.O says they are in good shape
> with the exception that the center cap logos are peeling.
>
> The daisy pattern on the wheels are the standard grey color. I would really
> like the spokes to be black like the car is going to be with the outside of
> the rim a nice bright silver. Any ideas about how to go about this? I want
> it to look good, but I also want it to be durable.
>
> Also, how difficult will it be for me to find some AR center cap logos that
> will fit and be red letters on black? Am I dreaming?

Unless you're VERY lucky, probably finding a set in a dusty corner of a
specialty shop or parts place, you're pretty much out of luck, AFAIK. I've
been bugging the American Racing rep here for about 5 years trying to get a
couple of sets and even though the number was, may still be, in the catalog,
I keep being told that they're NLA.

A minor point, but didn't BRE actually use the American Le Mans wheel, at
least originally of their roadster(s) and maybe the early 240Z's? I think
they started using Libres on the 510 and maybe on the Z they ran in C Prod
before the 2.5 TransAm 510 campaigns.

FWIW,
Ron

Ronnie Day
ronday@attbi.com
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared Class Autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)