Re: Center Cap Logos and wheel color

To: <solex67@hotmail.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Center Cap Logos and wheel color
From: KWS711@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 15:11:20 EST
Andrew,

When I bought mine they needed restoring. I had them Soda blasted (very mild
abrasive), then cleaned them very well to get rid of the residue. I them masked
off the outer rims and painted the spokes with a grey primer. I'm sure you
could paint them black to match your car. I took them to the Tire Factory,
where they polish wheels, and had them polish the rims. They turned out looking
like chrome.

I contacted Mark Dent (stickerman) and he made me some very nice Datsun logos
for the center caps (I got the caps at Tire Factory also). If he makes some
American stickers for you, let me know, I would like some also.

They turned out very nice. You can see a picture of them on my 2000 at
www.nowroc.com under members, Oregon, Kim Smith.

Good Luck

Kim
68 2000