Re: OT- I ALMOST DIED TONIGHT!!!!!

To: csp311@telia.com, rrees@digitex.net
Subject: Re: OT- I ALMOST DIED TONIGHT!!!!!
From: RoadsterGB@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 08:24:12 EST
Hi

Not that it matters who fits which engine where, the wonderful Jag straight 6
and V12 engines were around long before Ford came on the scene - Jag was part
of British Leyland (scary thought) from '68 to ''85 although the XJ6's XK
engine had been around for years before, powering all manner of great
machinery. The V12 came out in '72, when William Lyons retired at 71.  Jaguar
regained independence in '85 just before William Lyons died and Ford took
over in '89. They haven't done a bad job since but they've yet to produce
anything approaching the class of the E-Type/XKE (IMHO).

Just climbing down from my soapbox but I just love old Jag engines.

Rob
www.fairlady.org