RE: Need new tires - what can I use?

To: "Datsun-Roadsters \(E-mail\)" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Need new tires - what can I use?
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@home.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 22:19:04 -0700
The treadwear ratings are actually assigned by the manufacturer and don't
correlate to the number of miles one can expect. A rating of 150 simply means
that the tire will wear 1.5 times as long as a tire with a rating of 100. But
you really can't compare across brands with the treadwear ratings.

For a more detailed explanation of the treadwear, traction and temperature
codes, see http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/utqg.htm.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA