Re: Datsun "Spyder" on eBay

To: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>, "Mick T" <mickth@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Datsun "Spyder" on eBay
From: Mark Dent <stickerman@home.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 08:58:00 -0400
At 07:14 AM 7/10/01 -0400, datsunmike wrote:
>There was a Datsun dealership in CT called Wilson Motors that had a whole
>bunch of old Datsuns on their showroom floor, as a matter of fact they had
>more old cars than new ones.
>
>This car may have been on the dealer's showroom floor.

That is the right answer!  It was on Wilson's floor from new.  It is dead
on original including the driving lights.  They were installed in
1964.  The original tires are still soft.  The only flaw is a few
scratches.  When I was talking to the guy about flying up and driving it
home, he thought I would be nuts to drive it and not trailer it because I
would "ruin it,  it only has 8000 miles".  When I told him I have one with
37,000 original miles that I drive every chance I can,  he asked why I did
not trailer it.

Mark
Baltimore Maryland
1964 1500       1968 1600