Re: starting up -- almost

To: "Pam & Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: starting up -- almost
From: "roadster" <roadster@rcn.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 23:40:11 -0800
Hi Paul,

I got one of those universal battery hold-downs, with a horizontal rod that
goes across the width of the top of the battery, and multiple mount holes in
the clamp bars for the vertical holding rods. Put it in a vise, and put a
couple bends in it so the horizontal rod is now a diagonal. This will reduce
the width of the hold-down.

As for the battery trays, they're harder to come by. An original I found is
now in Dave Almazan's hands (his perfect 67.5 2L is more deserving than my
car).

Fred