starting up -- almost

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: starting up -- almost
From: "Pam & Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 22:57:01 -0800
Oh boy! Almost ready to crank up the beast. I started poking around under
the dash to check connections and danged if I didn't pop loose a wire I just
couldn't get back onto the terminals without making myself about a foot
shorter and 20 years younger. Well, 20 years younger, anyway. So I had to
take the dash off again. I must admit, it gets easier to put back on every
time I remove it. Dang!

I think I have the fuseblock wiring sorted out. Will know when I plug in the
fuses, I guess. Have set my sights on a Friday startup date, barring too
many more trips to the parts store. Will post photos over the next few days.

BTW, I bought a Interstate Workaholic battery. It fits great and looks to be
an exact fit for the original one, a group 53, I believe. If anyone has this
battery, could you tell me where you found a plastic tray and hold-down
clamps to fit it? The 'universal' replacements I have found are either too
big, too small, too wide, etc. Thanks.

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA
67 1600