Re: <<LONG>> National Datsun Meet

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: <<LONG>> National Datsun Meet
From: "Mick T" <mickth@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 18:29:58
Hello all,
  Well, let me share my opinions as a very new roadster owner. I have owned
510's on and off for many years. I don't care what datsun I own, I love them
all. My wife thinks I have OCDD (Obsesive Compulsive Datsun Disorder). The
last 510 I bought, I drove 600 miles up to Canada, and drove it all the way
home (on original bias ply tires! Whew, what a ride that was). Anyway, if
this were to be planned for 2001, I'm not sure that would be enough time.
Most people would need to take a whole week off from work, and I already
have my vacation planned for next year. I think it would be a great idea,
but if it is rushed, it may not get the attendance it could get, if it were
planned ahead a year+. As far as location goes, no matter where it is, 2/3
of the U.S. will have a real challenge getting there. If you are talking
about sponsership, I wonder if any of the trucking companies would donate or
seriously discount car transport services? Maybe a dumb idea, but you never
know. I would also suggest a website as the main source of promotion,
registration, information etc. I would be able to keep the 510 community
(the bluebird mail list) informed of the whole project as things develop. I
could also help with the web page (if that is the route people decide on). I
only know HTML, not Java, pearl, CGI. I'm just offering up my .02 worth.

Mick
Eugene Oregon
1971 510x2
1968 2000x1