Wet Brakes

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wet Brakes
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 16:46:59 -0800
Last weekend, while I was changing back to street tires, I decided to paint
my right side brake drum. I had painted the left side several weeks before
and done such a good job, it was time for a matching set.  Low and behold, a
brake drum full of Redline Shockproof Heavy! And all over my Nismo Green
Stuff shoes! Now, this is not such a surprise, I knew at 70,000 miles it was
about time for the seals to go. I even had purchased a complete seal and
bearing set from CDM a couple of weeks before.

In a few more weeks, I'll be tearing into a complete rear rebuild. I have a
set of comp springs and a 4.38 LSD unit on the way, so, of all times for
this to happen, it could not of picked a better time. But, Those shoes are
brand new! I wasn't planning on replacing them.

Is there anything I could try to recover these contaminated shoes? Any
trick? I was thinking to soak them in Berrymans. Mayhap this powerful,
banned by the air board solvent, would pull the gear oil out of the brake
media. Any thoughts?

Victor
70 SRL 31113136
Los Angeles