Re: 280 Z Alloy Wheels??

To: Alex Avery <aavery@rica.net>
Subject: Re: 280 Z Alloy Wheels??
From: Dennis Currington <dc311@mail.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 08:10:45 -0800
Alex Avery wrote:

> Amid all of this debate about Z wheels, what exactly is the offset of stock
> roadster wheels and what is the exact offset of the Z "kidney bean" mag
> wheels?  As I said B4, the 14x6" SHELBY wheels I pulled off a junked Z work
> great--ie. no fender rubbing at all.  I'll pull one at lunch and try to
> find the listed offset on these wheels so that we'll know why mine worked
> and others haven't.  BTW, my fenders are stock.

The proper offset for the Roadster is 15mm.  The Z uses "0" offset, hence the
problem.  You can get by with using Z mags if you use a narrower tire (like
175).  Also, depends upon the width of the rim.  Once you get above 5.5 is when
you start having problems.

I ran Shelby Europa wheels on mine for a while and they fit fine.

Dennis

--
Dennis Currington
1967.5 Solex 2000