Re: ivory white

To: road <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ivory white
From: "Thomas Walter" <ra0618@email.sps.mot.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 21:34:30 -0500
 Adam,

The two WORST colors for painting a car and showing up
the body work are WHITE and BLACK.  The white car
seemed to show a shadow for every minor imperfection
in the body work.  Black, with a mirror like finish, will also
show up every little ripple.

I found some colors do a better job of hiding the body work
imperfections. I had good results with the "light yellow" which
almost looks white in direct sunlight, then more yellow tint at
dusk.

The light blue color (as used on my old 510 Sedan) is also nice
for hiding little dings.

I am far more apt at doing mechanical work, so I prefer to farm out
the body work these days. Still nice to have a color that helps the car
looking good when it gets a little ding!

Cheers,

Tom Walter
Austin, TX