roadster outing/sighting (long)

To: ROADSTER LIST <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: roadster outing/sighting (long)
From: Mike/Chris Clothier <mclothier@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 20:22:35 -0700
Today was a very strange day. My wife actually told me that "Your little
car needs an outing. Let's go to the beach." Starting out was great
until the 91fwy; dead stop. This is NOT what roadsters are supposed to
do. In addition. the temp. was a balmy 102 deg. Finally got to Laguna
Beach and had a great time just sitting and people watching. Also
spotted a "candy apple" red 1600 with a black hardtop ?year. The driver
pulled up beside me and told me that he had owned his car for a year and
had never seen another one. I told him about the list and CDM but he
didn't seem very interested. He turned a corner and took off. Oh Well.
Roadster Content: Finished getting my KYB full gas shocks and comp. sway
bar on this last week. Just a note.... Make darn sure that you have the
rear shocks positioned over the lower hole BEFORE you cut the stupid
strap. Not doing so can make installing them alone a pain. When it is
done though, a great solid ride. Very stable and contrary to what I've
heard, the ride doesn't feel rough at all.
Mike Clothier
Norco, Ca.
70 1600
68 1600 future auto-x