Painting Progress

To: "datsun list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Painting Progress
From: "nruff" <nruffcorn@prodigy.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 21:37:40 -0500
Hey all

Sorry, no photo updates but I hope to get some pics taken this w/end.

Progress continues on the 67 U20.  With my lack of free time, this has taken
me FOREVER but I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  All
but a door and one fender has been stripped, straighten, and acid etched.
One of the bigger unexpected assets to this job was a mig welder.  I thought
I would only need one to close several emblem trim holes.  I really
hesitated to purchase one but rationalized it with all the other project
that will come along in a lifetime.  After working around the car, I have
used it more times than I can count.  As with everything else, it has been a
learning experience.

Several of the panels have been coated with 3-4 coats of high build Nason
(Dupont) two part primer.  Much of it will be sanded off as I finish the
body prep.  The high build primer seems to be VERY forgiving.  Alot of the
time I have spent sanding and glazing sanding scratches could have been
spent elsewhere if I had known how well it covers these.  The car is now a
combination of mustard yellow and lavender so its not too hard to find
motivation to finish the job!

Again, I'll try to get more pics posted soon!
Nathan