Electical station

To: "Roadsters (E-mail)" <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Electical station
From: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.Hall@msfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 10:25:25 -0500
Listers -

I had an idea last night as I watched it rain.   I have a '66 with the old
falling apart wiring.  I thought about building an electrical station.  It
would contain a copper block that had and input to + battery and outputs to
the starter and other accessories.  One of the accessories would go to a 6
to 8 gang fuse block.  4 of the fuses would power 30 amp relays for the
starter, fogs lights, head lights and an extra for a high power stereo or
other big power user.  The other fuses could be used for other small power
users.  The whole thing would be mounted on a non-conductive plate and
mounted in the engine compartment - maybe behind the battery.  It would work
great for trunk mounted battery systems.  This would give me extra
power/reliability through relays and places to wire in the fuel pump,
stereo, etc without taxing my old wiring. Has anyone built something like
this?  Any suggestions from you electrical types would be appreciated - I
really don't want to burn down the Roadster!

Happy Roadstering
Phil

PS does someone have a '66 close to VIN 2500?