Re: New Top Allowance

To: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Top Allowance
From: STAN CHERNOFF <az589@lafn.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 12:58:29 -0700
Hi Pat,

I wish that you had told me first about the seam problems.  I do remember
you telling me about a few installation problems that you overcame.

The flaps for the side bars were standard and can be eliminated with a
request.

Please contact me so that we can work out a resolution.

Thanks,
Stan
============

At 12:09 PM 8/2/00 -0500, Patrick J. Horne wrote:
>I bought one of the Stayfast tops from Stan with the zip out rear window.
I had it installed
>in California by a shop before I picked up the car.  There are good and
bad points about this
>top.
>
>Good:  Living in Texas we get a bit of heat that is really helped by being
able to open up the
>rear window and letting the wind blow through without sitting in the sun.
The top looks good
>too and after a year, the cloth looks new.
>
>Bad:  The workmanship of the top left something to be desired.  There were
a couple of seams
>where the stitching ran off the edge of the cloth, leaving gaps in the
stitching.  Last month
>the stitching around the back of the top where the bar goes in to hold the
rear edge of the
>top started coming apart.  About 3 weeks ago more stitching started coming
apart that used to
>hold the zipper to the fabric above the rear window.  The top has always
leaked at the front
>corners.  I took the car to a top shop here in Austin that looked at it
and said that for
>about $200 they could redo the part of the top that hangs over the windows
to keep the rain
>from coming in.  Another thing that I didn't like about this top, but that
I understand is not
>a problem with this top only, but matches the factory top is that the cut
of the top at the
>rear of the side window overlaps the top by a good 2", causing a really
odd looking fit.  The