RE: why turn signal on left?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: why turn signal on left?
From: "Robert Hewitson" <roberth@iaa.com.au>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 00:04:53 +1000
In Oz - Where we drive on the LHS of the Road in RHD cars - the turn signal
for the 67.5 and earlier cars was on the right and 68 and later on the left
opposite to the ign s/w - The position depends on the economics of
conversion I believe - if a car is originally made for the LHD market the
turn signal will be on the left and vice-versa - I have a Grand Cherokee
(RHD) and the stalk is on the left - my Holden Commodore (OZ GM) is on
right - Holden Vectra (origin Germany and LHD) is on left - sometimes the
ergonomics of the steering column prevent changes. sorry about the
non-roadster stuff.
regds Rob Hewitson
http://www.geocities.com/Motorcity/Speedway/8178