Re: MSD install help

To: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>,
Subject: Re: MSD install help
From: jhatfield@cavemen.net (William Hatfield)
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 10:40:56 -0600
In answer to the questions about MSD.
   1. Yes you can cut the wires to the correct length, just be sure to get good
connection back on them.
  2.  I think you want to use the magnetic trigger wires.  I'm not real familiar
with the Petronics unit so read the really good instructions that came with the
MSD
unit to be sure.
  3.  You can mount the coil in any position.
  4.   I ran bosch platinum plugs which were set at .045, you may be able to go
wider but they work good at .045.
   5.  I mounted mine on the l/h inner fender, but I don't have the 1600 air
cleaner
in the way anymore.  Like any computer find the best enviorment to mount it in,
away
from engine/exhaust heat ect., you can even mount it under the dash, hence the
extra
long wires.
                                                       Hope this helps  Bill
66&67spl in N.M.