Re: trans mount

To: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Subject: Re: trans mount
From: Eric Armstrong <ericarm@cal.alumni.berkeley.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 21:51:24 -0800 (PST)
Hi Fred -

CDM fab'ed the tranny mount.  They didn't indicate that it was any
difficult thing to do, though.  I imagine they've done this a /few/ times.

My guess is that they didn't drill and tap the frame because my motor and
tranny were already mounted when I brought the car to them -- just sans
the tranny mount.  I think they had a special unit assembled that matched
the existing fastening points.

I'll take a look first chance I get when I'm back home from my current
business trip.

In the meantime -- Dennis, Les, any word for the list?

-Eric

On Mon, 11 Jan 1999 Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us wrote:

> Eric,
>
> Great ideas! I had hidden kill switches save my cars in the past. I'd come
> back to the car and find the ignition switch busted out by a screwdriver.
> Cheaper to replace the switch than the whole car! I found another way to
> frustrate a thief - remove the clutch master cylinder (hopefully I'll have
> it working soon).
>
> Question #2: How difficult was it to drill and tap the frame for the 5-speed
> mount on your '66? I've been thinking about doing that. I noticed the 4-speed
> mount is front of the X between the top and bottom of the frame, while a
>5-speed
> is bolted in front of the X from the bottom.
>
> Fred - So.SF

Eric Armstrong
phone: (510) 502-5984
e-mail: ericarm@alum.calberkeley.org