Re: RPM limit

To: jfried@anv.net
Subject: Re: RPM limit
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 19:56:08 EST
In a message dated 1/10/99 9:46:03 AM Mountain Standard Time, jfried@anv.net
writes:

<< Dennis -

 I dislike all the noise from the ugly 7 blade fan.  Could you provide some
 guidance on getting & installing an electric fan?  Will it cool enough for
 the heat of the desert?  Thanks...

 -John F. (Las Vegas, NV)
 '69 2L, Solex & B Cam

 >BTW, take that fan off and put on an electric one and all that noise will
 >disappear.  I've been running  one for over 5 yrs on mine.

John,
I like the idea of an electric fan also, but am not going to do it yet.  I
have run my 1600 with a 4-blade fan for years without overheating. I have a
3-row radiator, so I don't know if it was swapped out  or if the really late
models came with it (70). But with that rad and the cooling system in good
shape, I don't have a problem with it and it gets pretty hot here, over 100
frequently in the summer.

Joseph Berkenbile
70 1600
Albuqueruqe'