Re: Paint Codes

To: joanne_jaeger@bc.sympatico.ca
Subject: Re: Paint Codes
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 13:07:37 EST
In a message dated 1/9/99 7:07:13 PM Mountain Standard Time,
joanne_jaeger@bc.sympatico.ca writes:

<< Hello,

 Is there anyone out there that knows the correct paint code for PPG
 products for clear coat base coat colour 531 Beige Gray Metallic on the
 1968 2L?

 I'm also trying to find what paint colour the engine block is painted
 and what parts of the engine are painted that colour.

 The accessory pulley's are painted a different colour. Does anyone know
 the correct paint code? Are all the pulley's painted this colour?

 I've been reading this list for the past 3 months and am hoping that all
 your technical information is correct because I have completely rebuilt
 my whole car off the information provided here.

 Carl '68 2L.

Carl,
I recently checked on the "Pagoda Red" at a Dupont supplier, and that color
isn't listed for base coat/clear coat, but IS listed for Acrylic Enamel.  What
I am going to do is take a sample of the paint (dried quart can) of it and
they can make me as much as I want from that and will put the formula on the
can so if I ever need it again (likely) then I can get an exact match.  For
the engine pully and block I used a Ford Blue (spray can) that I think is a
pretty good match, but you might check with Les or Dennis to see if they have
an actual paint code for it.  I asked sometime ago if anyone had a code for
the wheel silver, and we came up blank on that one, so I'll just pick
something I like (the Moss Motors MG wire wheel paint is my favorite so far)
and have some of that made up too.

Joseph Berkenbile
70 1600 (Still GREY for those of you interested) Once and future RED CAR
Albuquerque