emissons

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: emissons
From: pshirley <pshirley@micron.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 1999 22:27:50 -0800
I just got my first notice that my 69' 2L (Idaho) needs to go in for an
emisson test.  I just got the car running after replacing the chains,
tensioners, guides, complete valve job and header.  It seems to run very
rich, at least it smells like it.  The car has all the smog gear
removed.  I'm getting what looks like black water dripping/spitting from
the exhaust when I first start it.  I was going to pull the plugs and
see what they looked like but didn't get to it today(too much good
football on TV).  There is a vacuum port on the intake manifold that is
currently plugged.  When I remove the plug, the motor speeds up
slightly, is this a clue?  Is it set up too rich?

I've been driving my topless roadster for the last few weeks.  Temp
outside has been between 20'F-45'F.  Needless to say, the wife thinks
I'm crazy!  I can't wait until spring!!

thx Paul Shirley