Throwout Bearing Info...

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Throwout Bearing Info...
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 01:19:34 EST
Hello,

I was planning to drive my Roadster in a few days from now and I was wondering
if I should or not.  As I had mentioned before, the T.O. Bearing is making
some noise.  The noise happens when...

Example:  I pull up to a stop sign and depress the clutch while in gear.  The
whirling noise starts.  I place it in Neutral and release the clutch and the
noise stops.  And when I step on the clutch pedal again the noise in not
present.

Otherwise, the car shifts perfect.  The clutch grabs great.  Just noise as
described.  Isit drivable?  Am I looking at a disaster if i do drive it?  I
know it needs to be changed asap.

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
San Francisco, Ca
67.5 SRL Solex