TR8 FI questions

To: "TR8 List" <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>, <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR8 FI questions
From: "jay snavely" <jays@paonline.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 08:26:16 -0500
I am in the midst of removing quite a few components from the engine and
have a few questions.  I was planning to remove the intake mainfold and
refurbish the two pipes running coolant to the heater hoses.  I have not
been able to find any instructions for removing the manifold in the ROM, but
it looks like the entire fuel rail and the injectors need to be removed.
This is a bit more than I intend to do.  I don't suppose it is possible to
remove these pipes w/o removing the manifold.

Valve cover finish - I want to refinish the valve covers, and am considering
options other than the original grey paint.  The 2 things I am considering
are either polishing them, or getting them powdercoated (probably black) and
getting the tops of the ribs sanded to expose the aluminum.  Has anyone done
this, and are there any photos on the web?

Plenum finish - I repainted the plenum a few years ago, but am thinking
about polishing it to match the valve covers (assuming I polish them).
Again, are there any photos on the web to show this?

Gaskets - Are the valve cover gaskets reusable?

Thanks.

Jay Snavely
1980 TR8

///