Re: Clutch problems

To: "Neil" <neil@sherry02.freeserve.co.uk>, <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch problems
From: "Dave Herr" <triumphs@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 19:47:04 -0400
The bleed line is on top. Lee - I have replaced the old triumph master
cylinder with a Wilwood unit (which is almost an exact replica of the TR4A
master cylinder). The slop in the linkage was removed with an adjustable
pushrod. The throwout bearing manual states that the master cylinder must
move at least 1 inch. I have about 1-1/4 inch of travel with this 3/4 master
cylinder.

Dan from D&D has suggested that I rotate the hydralic throwout bearing one
turn closer to the clutch fingers and bleed it again and see if this makes
any difference. I'm headed to the garage now to see if this makes any
difference.....wish me luck!