Clutch problems

To: <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch problems
From: "Dave Herr" <triumphs@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 21:57:13 -0400
Okay guys, I am desperate for some help. I have a Rover 3.5 with a Buick
flywheel, a Weber 10" clutch and pressure plate mated to a Borg Warner T5 from
a Camaro. The throwout bearing is a hydralic unit for the GM transmission from
TS Imported.

The problem is I have everything ready to go, engine running, but I cannot get
the Clutch to fully disengage. I have bleed the throwout bearing 50 times,
replaced the old Triumph clutch master with a new Wildwood 3/4 unit, removed
all play from my linkage, removed and check the bearing and the clearance from
the clutch fingers, etc.... still only have partial disengagement. Looking
through the bell housing access hole, I can see the bearing moving against the
fingers when I push the clutch in, but it does not appear to be moving enough
to fully disengage the clutch. The bearing has two stainless lines, one to the
master cylinder and one that is plugged with the bleeder. This is not the best
arrangement as it is hard to handle to bleed. Perhaps I should try a power
bleeder?

Is this still just air in the system and is this a typical problem? Or could I
something else wrong (like with the clutch disk, where it just won't
disengage? I am trying to get ready for TRF's summer party, but this one has
me stumped.

Thanks,

Dave Herr

///