Water pump questions

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Water pump questions
From: James Nazarian Jr <James.Nazarian@colorado.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 17:42:54 -0600 (MDT)
I have a 63 Buick 215 and I am wondering if there is a shorter water pump
that I can use.  My pump shaft sticks out a few inches and then the pulley
is offset two or three inches back from this.  With radiator installed,
this leaves me about 1/8 inch clearance between the radiator fans and the
water pump pulley.  Is there a pump/pully combination that wouldn't stick
foreward the 2+ inches just to double back?

Also, could someone give me the year/model car that I would need to get
the angled Buick V6 oil pump from.  If anyone has bought one lately I
am curious what it cost.  TIA

James Nazarian
'71 B roadster
'71 BGT rust free and burnt orange