Re: Water pump questions

To: James.Nazarian@colorado.edu, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Water pump questions
From: Wake074@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 20:39:16 EDT
James,

My first non-question, contribution to the list.  This should mean I'm
turning the corner on my project.  The Buick 300 water pump is shorter than
the Buick 215 probably by about an inch or so, maybe little less or a little
more.  Any of the Mid 60's 300's will fit.  Your pulley won't work, but a
long water neck SBC pulley will fit fine.  Bolt pattern's are different, but
there is plenty of room to redrill.  These water pumps are available through
any of the usual supliers, Jack, Ted, Glen, Dan, etc.  I purchased a rebuilt
unit locally for 20 dollars.  Check around, a good local parts store, should
have it or be able to order it for you in a couple of days.  I paid 40
dollars for a machined aluminum pulley at the local speed shop.  A little
high probably but it looks great.

As to the other question, they (I haven't tried) claim you can buy the V6
adapter at a GM parts counter for around 40 dollars.  If you are going to use
the swivel adapter, it comes as part of the adapter, you don't need both.

Hope this helps,

Glenn