Re: overheating

To: Duncan Hardy - Sun UK <Duncan.Hardy@UK.Sun.COM>
Subject: Re: overheating
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 20:23:50 -0400
Duncan-

Boy, what a geat web site!! I have spent the last hour reading everything
Stewart
Components has to say/sell. I have learned more than in the last 3 years of
research on automotive cooling. Everyone with a V8 conversion should go to the
tech section & READ!

In this part of the world, 74= 160, 82=180, 88=195. No problem finding 74= 160,
as
a Chevy 'stat works in the Buick/Rover, & Chevy stuff is everywhere, & cheap. I
use a Waxstat with a 1/8" bleed hole, the only brand I know of that has the hole
already drilled. Install hole up. Per the Stewart web page, I will order one of
his with holes, as they do help eliminate trapped air.

Thanks again for some great info.

Jim Stuart