Re: overheating

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: overheating
From: Duncan Hardy - Sun UK <Duncan.Hardy@UK.Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 18:30:46 +0100 (BST)
I know of 3 stats for the RR...74, 82 and 88 degrees celsius.  The 74 is
not easy to find.  Don't know if it is 'tropical' - it doesn't open any more
than the others.  On my Westfield (3.9 EFI) the factory fit a 74 with
6 x 5mm holes drilled in the outer flange.  I don't know if this is to
increase flow or eliminate trapped air.  Either way it probably does
no harm.

Check out http://www.stewartcomponents.com/tech_info.htm for the low down
on flowrates and restrictors.

Duncan