RE: Cam Lobe Wear

To: "'Bob Wilson'" <emrmicro@cadvision.com>
Subject: RE: Cam Lobe Wear
From: Simon Sparrow <Simon.Sparrow@wang.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 10:53:22 +1200
Hi Bob,

Good idea, I've observed the pushrods spinning before but I'll take another
look this weekend to check they're all doing it.

I know what you mean about the 1.5-2mm being about 20-25% of total lift,
that was my thought as well. I guess I would be less optimistic if there was
only one or two lobes with this difference, or if I'd seen 4-5mm of wear.

I have no idea of the engines history, it came out of a car in a junkyard.
But last year it was dyno'ed at 120HP at the rear wheels, this is running on
LPG. The inlet and Exhaust system were quite restrictive at this stage as
well. As these engines (P76) where rated at about 190HP at the flywheel new,
it didn't seem too bad to me.

Simon