Re: Carter Carb Wanted

To: buick-rover-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Carter Carb Wanted
From: Greg Gall <greg.gall@iname.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 22:10:57 -0600
Sorry if this is a repeat, I didn't receive a copy from the list:

Hi Dan and others,

Dan wrote:

>I'm looking for a rebuildable Carter 400 CFM carb (AFB model 9410).
>Anyone have one for sale or trade?

I have a Carter carb on my parts Rover, however I don't know how to
identify it. The top casting has the numbers "2770" and the bottom has
"2916". Would this be a 400 CFM model? I don't really want to sell this
item at this time - I may use it on a rebuilt Rover/Buick V8 that I am
piecing together.

I was wondering how this carb compares to the Holley 390 in terms of
performance, driveability and fuel consumption.

Thanks,

Greg.

---
Greg Gall, ENT., BSc. Physics